It’s been a number of weeks since my one of my best friends Erin, who is also a hairdresser ombred my hair. On a side note, it’s great having friends in all the right places, mates rates are the bomb!
As I’m getting into the swing of being a blonde, or at least a half blonde there have been some product that have been a life saver when battling the bleached dried ends.
- Lee Stafford Bleach Blonde Shampoo- This purple shampoo keeps away the brassie blonde tones. I use it roughly once a week, sometimes more and sometimes less. It’s so affordable that I don’t think I could ever justify upgrading to a high end purple shampoo.
- Toni and Guy Dry Shampoo- I have to admit that I was a serial hair washer before I dyed my hair couldn’t go a day without washing it. Now I try and wash it every other day, it can sometimes even go three days without wash! On those days in between I use the Toni and Guy Dry shampoo, it smells lovely, doesn’t leave my roots looking grey and gives me the confidence to run my fingers through my hair.
- Toni and Guy Reconstruction Mask- When I get the chance, roughly around once as week I like to use this mask, I can’t remember how long they recommend you leave it in your hair but I usually leave it on for twenty minuets to half an hour, I figure its not doing me any harm and I get time to chuck on a face mask as the same time for double pampering. When I rinse the Reconstruction Mask out I feel as if someone should put me in a hair advertisement because my hair looks and feels like silk, it’s amazing!
- Toni and Guy Leave in Conditioner- Before I blow dry my hair I put a small blob of leave in conditioner and run it through my ends, I can’t say is a miracle product but it is nice and just gives my hair a little bit more nourishment.
- Lee Stafford Nourishing Miracle Oil- This hair oil/serum to begin with smells absolutely divine, I wish they made perfume out of this stuff but it gets even better as it makes me hair looks and feel silky and slick without weighing the hair down. The product claims to have argan oil in it that I sure is helping heal my dead ends however I’m not 100% fooled as the first two ingredients listed are silicones. Nevertheless I love the way it feels.
- VO5 Instant Oomph Powder- This is an amazing styling product, it really gives the hair lift and can completely transform your hair but be warned that it will make you hair incredibly knotty and feel as dirty as not washing it for months. I use this product on night out because it really does the job but the way it makes my hair feel means that it wont be making it into my daily routine.
What do you think of the ombre hair trend?
P.S. Big thanks to my mumma bear for taking the lovely photos of me, you’re the best!